Word MetroGet on Board
Word Metro is about editorial services and how words allow us to communicate and connect people, ideas, and goals.
We are grounded in the basic principles of integrity and personal customer service, as well as the belief that if a thing is worth doing, it’s worth doing right. We can make your words work.
Betsy Blondin is a veteran of more than 20 years in book and newspaper publishing with an eight-year foundation as a legal assistant and a passion for working with words and people.
Highlights of her background include the following.
- 15 years as publisher and managing editor in book publishing – compiled, edited and published two nonfiction anthologies, directed editorial product for more than 75 illustrated books. Hired, managed and or coordinated editors, authors, profile writers, photo editors and illustrators. Wrote and edited chapter content, captions, profiles, cover copy, website content, customer service, marketing and all types of business communications.
- Several consultations, proposals and summaries, and books, including Maximum Impact Education (Oakes), Hello, Helpline! (Burk), Open Her: Activate 7 Masculine Powers to Arouse Your Woman’s Love and Desire (Brody), Future Bullets (Rideout), and more…
- 5 years as newspaper copyeditor (last read) and writer – copyedited hundreds of articles, captions and headlines for daily newspaper; created and conducted grammar workshops for newsroom staff. Reporter for weekly newspaper – news and feature stories.
- 8 years as legal secretary-assistant – researched law, drafted court documents, created and wrote divorce manual.
- Has published hundreds of news and feature articles, several magazine articles, and an academic paper on Blondins’ Assignment America; was a co-presenter at the Families, Technology, and Education Conference of the ERIC Clearing House System, Chicago.
Word Metro can access a network of writers and editors in a variety of specialties to meet any writing or editing need.